A dry scalp is a condition that needs to be treated with the utmost care, which is why we came up with this dry scalp-friendly haircare routine.
Cause of a dry scalp
A dry scalp is a common symptom of dandruff. Dandruff causes the scalp to become irritated, which in turn sheds its outer layer of skin rapidly. This can cause flakes, itchiness, tightness and dryness.
Things that make a dry scalp worse include:
- blasting the hair dryer too close to your scalp and hair
- using heat stylers close to your scalp
- excess sun exposure/sunburn
- harsh styling products that cause irritation
- skin damage from scratching or rough brushing
- surprisingly, not washing frequently enough
To combat a dry scalp, make sure you eat plenty of fruits and vegetables that are high in zinc and vitamin B to ensurea healthy head.
Too much heat styling makes your scalp dry and irritated, especially if you have a sensitive scalp.
Your dry scalp can be worsened by the wrong shampoo or incorrect washing technique.
- The right hair care routine for a dry scalp:
- Wash your hair frequently and thoroughly – build-up of oil, dirt and styling products can cause scalp irritation,which leads to dryness.
- Don’t rinse your hair with very hot water – the heat can make the dryness worse.
- Limit blow-drying – towel dry your hair before heat styling, and choose the lowest heat setting.
- Keep heat styling irons a safe distance from your scalp.
- Use a soft brush with rounded bristles on your hair – this way you can ensure you don’t aggravatean irritated scalp by scratching along it.
The right products for a dry scalp
The products you use are just as important as your hair care routine.
We recommend using our Dry Scalp Care Shampoo when you wash your hair.
Your scalp will be nourished by the moisturizing formula with almond oil.
The dandruff-fighting ingredients tackle a root cause of dry scalp, and with regular use they will help stop it coming back.
Read more about dry scalp